Mc’Colls is Live on Magento
Diligent is pleased to announce the launch of the new McColl’s website.
Established in 1973, McColl’s has a long and rich history in retail. With over 1,600 stores across England, Scotland and Wales, McColl’s aims to provide a great range of quality products and services to local communities.
With this in mind, we worked closely with the McColl’s team to create a modern site that is easy to use and supports their customer’s needs.
The fully responsive Magento 2 site contains a host of new features, including:
- A clean and modern new look that allows McColl’s to showcase their personality
- Highly customisable CMS to showcase the brand’s deals, their new Safeway range and fresh food offerings
- Individual product listings
- Improved store locator that now includes walking times and Google Maps integration
- A new recipe section, where McColl’s can share a range of seasonal recipes
- An updated community section, where McColl’s can showcase their involvement in the local communities they serve
- An In-store Services page, where customers can search for the nearest store by service they need (e.g. cash point, post office etc.)
- The website truly marries function and style, delivering valuable information to customers in an easily accessible and modern way.
Tim Fairs, Customer Director of McColl’s said:
“We appointed Diligent to create a step-change in our Digital presence and create a site seen as best in class. Diligent has helped us to achieve this and we now have a digital offer we can be proud of.”
In the first month, McColl’s saw their results dramatically improve. The best improvement was on mobile, with the bounce rate down 16% and the sessions up by 41%, proving that the site is now easier to use when browsing on mobile devices.
Other key results include:
- Sessions: +25%
- Page Views: +28%
- Bounce rate: -11%
Check out the new and improved McColl’s site here and try it for yourself.