Diligent Commerce is an ecommmerce agency based in Shoreditch. We produce innovative, creative websites for fashion, luxury and lifestyle brands. Our clients include Eastpak, Wrangler, Dickies, Mackintosh, Lee and House Of Hackney.
We have just taken on some exciting new clients and are looking to have an account manager to join our growing team, with the intention of separating the ongoing love and attention we lavish on our retainer clients.
As an account manager, you would take ownership of about ten accounts, each paying for between one and three days work per month.
At a basic level, you will be servicing their requirements. Beginning with a call at the start of each month, you will discuss the client’s priorities before scheduling the work with our design and development teams. At the end of each month, you will send them a detailed report of all work undertaken and hours used.
However, we are looking for someone who is eager to go above and beyond for their clients. Retained revenue is the backbone of our business, so we need our clients to feel valued and cared for. This will involve making proactive suggestions on what they could do each month to improve their site and conversion.
- Acting as a beacon of authority and helping steer our client’s websites in the right direction.
- Keeping an eye on site performance and analytics, and raising issues as soon as they arise.
- Tracking successful features and functionality that have been implemented and making recommendations.
- Making an effort to stay in touch or suggest face-to-face catchups outside the scheduled calls.
- Scheduling design and development work for multiple clients.
- Supporting clients who need help editing products, importing CSVs, updating tax rules and shipping rates, plus all the other day-to-day demands of managing an ecommerce website.
- You would be expected to manage around ten clients so you will need to be able to prioritise work and manage your own time.
- Broad interest and knowledge of ecommerce, retail and fashion will be vital in winning the trust of your clients and helping them make the right decisions.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken – is paramount. You should be comfortable in explaining complex concepts to a non-technical client, as well as writing detailed function specifications for our development team.
- This is very much a customer facing role, so you should be approachable, affable and always ensure that your client feels like they’re in a safe pair of hands.
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms and experience in related technology is a must. This would include content management systems, payment gateways, hosting solutions, domain management and integrations with third-party software such as WMSs, ERPs, etc.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Monthly training budget.
- Monthly Lunch and Learn sessions.
- Half day holiday for your birthday.
- Work from home options.
- £500 ‘celebration bonus’ from the company to mark a big life event
- Access to perks platform
If interested, please send a cover letter and copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org