7 Great Fashion Ecommerce Tips from Drapers Digital Festival 2017
This week we attended the Drapers Digital Festival, an immersive festival experience that puts fashion first. It’s one of the largest fashion focussed ecommerce and digital events in London and a must for your diary if it isn’t already in there!
We were very excited to be in attendance because our client Varley was a FINALIST for the Best Pure-Play Etailer under £50m but also because the day was themed on Personalised shopping experiences.
There were many learnings from the day but here are some top picks from the conferences / talks we attended on the day!
- Personalised ecommerce experiences are driving more conversion than before! JustFab had 20-50% lift in conversion rate since introducing it with Sailthru, plus a 20% lift in Customer Lifetime Value.
- Total online apparel growth in the US alone 2014-2015 was 19.7%
- Apparel store growth sales in the US 2014-2015 was only 3.9%
- Relationship mapping with your consumer is becoming a more important influencing factor in ecommerce engagement strategy. Like body stats, style affinity preferences, ‘tribes’. In other words, consumer profiling.
- Seamless consumer journeys are a necessity, not an option. If a customer is on their phone looking at your website on the commute home and they add something to their basket, that should be on your site when they get home to their laptop.
- Omni-channel experiences are about social, chatbots or live customer service, search options, online, local and brick and mortar. These need to be all interlinked. Levis showed us how they’re leveraging the data they’ve collected from providing these experiences initially, to vastly improving them to create a seamless omni-channel experience.
- 76% of Twitter users are interested in Fashion and regularly use it research celebrities, models and fashion designers. They’re also 37% more likely to pay attention to LFW than non-users. (Nielson Passions, 2016)