During the Second World War, Walter Hoy began making sandals from scrap leather left over from making military boots. So well made were his sandals, that word spread and before long, Walter was making sandals for families from all over St Louis. That was the beginning of the Saltwater label. Over the decades, Saltwater has come to be trusted as the go-to brand for durable leather comfort combined with style and fashion forward attitude. And today, Saltwater sandals continue to grow in popularity as they are given the celebrity seal of approval from Sienna Miller and Alexa Chung to Maggie Gyllenhaal and even Suri Cruise.
Despite Salt-Water’s growing success in retail outlets across Europe, they were missing sales opportunities on ecomm thanks to an outdated website that was prone to bugs and failed to showcase the products to their best effect. They also needed a fresh SEO strategy to support their expansion in Europe which we were more than happy to help them with.
Our challenge was to win over new European fans by creating a website that fostered the same trust and affection for the brand felt by generations of Americans.
WHAT WE DELIVERED
- Total redesign to create an all new bespoke website that is reliably functional but has that all important emotional appeal
- Responsive re-development on Magento Community
- Rethought the sitemap and website architecture to improve user flow
- Ensured social media was a big feature on the website
- Improved the navigation’s functionality and layout, ensuring that it was simple, intuitive and supported by clear calls to action to boost conversion
May 2016 saw year on year performance improvements when comparing to the same period in 2015, including:
- 95% increase in monthly traffic
- 142% increase in Organic traffic
- Organic sales up 200%
- Overall Revenue up 120%