Carrying the Royal seal of approval is an important aspect of Lock & Co’s undeniable heritage as the oldest hat shop in the world, along with the veritable list of who’s-who they’ve been hatting-up since 1676, and it was important that their current legacy was represented online in the best way possible. The main objectives of their new website were:
- Using a totally new website design, convert the website into a responsive user experience that would work across all devices
- Communicate the quality and craftsmanship of the brand online using photographic sections that wouldn’t distract from the purchasing journey
- Integrate stock / sales with their warehouse partner Esperus
- Drive sales and conversion online through a blend of heritage, and current brand profile site sections
- Draw in a new audience that would be educated about Lock & Co’s heritage through a creative and interactive timeline
WHAT WE DID
The challenge of bringing this brand’s rich heritage into an online environment that not only encouraged conversion, but also education about the brand’s history, famous customers and craftsmanship was one that the Diligent team met head on.
We designed and developed a bespoke website through and through, with dedicated sections to house Lock & Co’s History, Heritage, Sizing and Hat Care, as well as ecommerce functionality.
- Since launch, visits to the site has increased by more than 15% (when comparing to the same time period before) and users are spending 10% more time engaging with the site’s content.
- Likewise, visits to the website from mobile devices has seen a boost of nearly 40% and we work closely with Lock & Co’s team to continually maintain, and optimise the website for their customers.
- In 2016, the website successfully became an official Webby Awards Honouree alongside reigning fashion houses Marc Jacobs and Edwin, as well as known retailer Target for best new website in the ecommerce category. Read our blog to find out more about the Webby Awards and Lock & Co’s Honouree status – diligentcommerce.com/news/webby-award-honouree