“We are so content with the outcome! Thanks for the great communication as well. It was a pleasure working on this project with you.”
lala Berlin eCommerce Team
THE BRAND EXPERIENCE
We were dedicated to creating a “wow” experience from the offset. Our main objective was to elevate the online look and feel, and to translate the fashion and product quality aspects of the brand into the digital world.
We created a unique navigation that is uncommon but clear. An immersive experience that starts with a full screen image where lala Berlin’s fabulous content and collections instantly brings creative fashion and commercial structures together.
We kept the same sections from their previous Homepage, but designed a new layout that was more in line with their editorial work. We also recommended to change some of these sections to promote their engaging Instagram content without introducing a site speed slowing live social network feed to the page.
WHAT WE DID
For starters, the Project and Design team won an award for their efforts from the CSS Design Awards just one week after launch! But more specifically, they:
- Re-designed the main pages to be more comfortable for all devices, specifically mobile as the experience before the re-skin needed to be improved.
- Re-designed the site’s navigation, allowing our team to work with lala Berlin to create a new sitemap that required less clicks for product discovery and had a more friendly structure for SEO purposes
- Introduced three important user experience elements that the previous website did not have, including quick search in the navigation, filtering and sort by on category pages
- The Project Manager and UX Lead, worked with lala Berlin to design an attributes matrix that improved the user experience and sped up access to products
- Re-designed the Lookbook templates creating a deep scroll page with easy to discover content that’s shoppable throughout.