Evisu is named after the Japanese god of prosperity, Ebisu. But when the brand was launched in 1991 with a run of just 14 pairs of carefully hand-painted jeans, no-one could have predicted just how successful Evisu would become. At first it was fashionistas and critics who fell for their premium quality selvedge denim and custom distressing, but it wasn’t long before word spread. Now, the brand is credited with helping to spark a worldwide revival of interest in vintage denim.
The brand is synonymous with ‘cool’ but their old website was anything but. Its design was dated and it was poorly constructed. The customer experience was jolting and the creativity and attention to detail that run through their products was sorely lacking. Our job was to inject some much needed cool, tell the brand’s story, and above all, make buying from the site totally effortless.
WHAT WE DELIVERED
- We used Magento to create a site rich in content, bold in design, offering a quick and seamless journey from homepage to checkout.
- We chose high-quality, large scale images to showcase the craftsmanship and meticulousness the brand is known for.
- We built much improved product detail pages to show multiple images of each garment, from close up to on the model
- We introduced parallax scrolling, a natural choice for brands who want to be at the forefront of web design. This special scrolling technique allows the background of a site to move at a different speed to the rest of the page – creating a far more immersive user experience and endless opportunities for online storytelling.
- We added a blog as a key element of the site. It is now a place for knowledge-sharing and inspiration, living and breathing Evisu’s brand values
- We made sure the blog features only insightful, shareable content. Content that allows customers to delve more deeply into the history of the the brand, how they create their unique ranges and see what’s been giving Evisu’s designers pause for thought.