The Crombie story began in 1805 when John Crombie, son to a family of Scottish weavers – established his first woollen mill at Cothal Mills in Aberdeen. These days, Crombie products are coveted all over the world, meaning a fantastic online retail experience had to be a priority for the brand.
Crombie’s heritage is one of their biggest assets, but they needed an online home that belongs firmly in the modern world. After assessing their dated looking former website, we set out to create a website that would look contemporary, put their famous coats centre stage and show off their full range. It had to be a site that felt present day but paid homage to Crombie’s past
WHAT WE DELIVERED
- We designed a fully configurable home page which presents the brand as smart and fresh on each visit, but also allows for a gorgeous combination of imagery
- We used the home page to represent every aspect of Crombie, including highlights of the new season, their made to measure service and nostalgia inducing black and white shots of famous faces from their past
- We devised an elegant left-hand sliding navigation and took full advantage of parallax scrolling to really make their story come alive on the section of the site devoted to heritage.
- Visitors are taken on a richly illustrated journey from Crombie’s beginnings in 1850s Aberdeen, through the Victorian era and two World Wars right up to 2014.
- We added a blog for the people behind-the-scenes to share their views on how to dress as a gentleman in the 21st century and other topical issues
- We created a new Lookbook, featuring high quality video content as well as informative product hotspots
- We designed made-to-measure section that puts Crombie ahead of their competitors and reveals the expertise that goes into every Crombie garment
- We made sure the site is pixel-perfect for mobile devices so customers can enjoy connecting with Crombie just as much on the move.